Featured Post

Dynamics 365 - Business Process Flow and Things to take note before you upgrade into Dynamics 365.

In 2 months ago, my company decided to upgrade the Dynamics CRM 2016 into Dynamics 365 and there is something different about Dynamics 365 B...

Friday, November 3, 2017

Dynamics 365 - Auditing is disabling after published an unmanaged solution

Recently, I've encountered a very weird situation where the auditing automatically disabling after deployed the unmanaged solution. This caused me a lots of trouble, because the audit history was totally mess up. So, I decided to look into it.




First, i went to check the Audit Setting under Global, Entity and Field.

Global Audit

Entity Audit


Field Audit


The result is positive, everything is turn on. Hmmm, I was scratching my head but after some investigation and testing, finally I've found out the reason behind it.

Root Cause

The "Include entity metadata" is not checked when the time I adding the existing entity into solution.

If you didn't tick this checkbox and deploy to the destination environment, it will revert the entity setting back to the original setting.


Solution



I hope this will help you to save some time and Happy CRM-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment